Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun
Highly useful kitchen gadget

Saturday, January 21, 2012

New position as Sous Chef at Graythwaite Manor!








The above are a couple of Images of Graythwaite Manor Hotel where I am ow employed as Sous Chef and I can honestly say that I am really enjoying the job. I would even go as far as to say that it is my dream job and is offering me the opportunity to be creative in terms of the food that I am producing.

I am hoping to acquire a digital camera sometime in the next couple of  weeks and then I will be posting some pictures of the food that we are serving to whet your appetite.

In the meantime, here are few of the dishes that I have had the opportunity to create and serve over the last three weeks.

Parfait of Chicken Livers, Truffled Tomato vinaigrette, Chilled Pineapple Broth

Emulsion of Apple and Smoked Cheese, Mixed Leaves, Pickled Grapes, Toasted Walnuts

Watermelon and Peach Gazpacho, Serrano Ham

Glazed Lemon Tart, Mango Sorbet, Passion fruit Coulis.

Roasted Sweet Potato Soup, Walnuts, Creme Faiche and Maple Syrup

Rump Of Lamb, Roast Potatoes, Sweet and Sour Apricots and a Vegetable Fricassee.

Grilled Fillet of cod, Crushed New Potatoes, Minted Pea Puree, Lemon - Caper Butter

Roast Partridge, Wild Mushroom fricassee, Timbale of Mediterranean vegetables, Saute Potatoes, Game Jus

Roast Teal, Winter Squash Risotto, Maple and Whisky Jus.

Well, I hope that that whets your appetite and if you would like to pay us a visit then the contact info is as follows:

Graythwaite Manor Hotel
Fernhill Road,
Grange-over-Sands,
Nr Windermere,
The Lake District,
Cumbria
LA11 7JE - England UK.

Telephone: +44 (0)15395 32001
E-mail: enquiries@graythwaitemanor.co.uk


And fianlly, here is a greaat little comment that my Dad left on Facebook......

Yes we do have memorable experiences of Paul' cooking, in the main good memories. In the early days a little hit and miss but usually quite edible. Now, well his preparation, presentation and taste are second to none. He can readily compete with the chef's on Ready Steady Cook making a banquet out of scraps. We look forward to meals prepared by him. The down side is the washing up. Look out Master chef this guy is on the way. Un-biased Dad. 

























No comments: