Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun
Highly useful kitchen gadget

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Desserts!!!!

The other day, one of my Chef friends Norman Van Aken, at Facebook posted this status update.........I am looking for a Pastry Chef who wants to rock Miami's mind. Come see us. Ask for Jeffrey or Travis. 415 NE 2nd Ave. Tuyo (Restaurant).

In response, I commented that if he would organise the work permit, visa, plane ticket and accommodation, then I would take the job.Anyway, the following of the dessert are t ideas that I mentioned in my response.

CHOCOLATE AND BEET CAKE, BLACKCURRANT SORBET, TURMERIC CUSTARD, LIQUID FLUID GEL OF BEET JUICE MOLASSES AND COINTREAU!

COCONUT, LEMONGRASS AND PALM SUGAR PANNA COTTA, PURPLE BASIL SORBET, HONEY/WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE

 DARK ROAST COFFEE BAVAOIS, MEDIUM ROAST COFFEE ICE CREAM, WALNUT TUILLE AND MAPLE SYRUP GELEE!

And an idea that is currently under development......VODKA AND CRANBERRY CAKE, TOMATO, TABASCO AND CELERY SORBET.

This last one is inspired by  a dessert that they are doing at the vegetarian restaurant Bistro 1847 in Mnchester UK. Their dish is a Gin and Tonic cake with a cucmber and black pepper granita. The thinking behind my idea is my love of the combination of Vodka and Cranberry juice. As far as the sorbet is concerned, Tomato juice, Tabasco and celery are all elements of a Bloody Mary, so why not turn them into sorbet?

Another concept that I was thinking about recently is a dessert called Sweetcorn and Popcorn. This wouls cocsist of the following elements:

Sweetcorn Sorbet

A sweetcron and corn and corn syrup sabayon

A butter and maple syrup powder (made with Tapioca maltodextrin)

Popcorn, seasoned with a little smoked salt for a true contrast of falvour.

The wer some other elements that I was thinking about but I can't remember them at the moment.

Anyway, I think these dessert would be enough to rock anybodies mind, let alone the people of Miami. And, hopefully, they would be described as other worldy.

No comments: